Lloyd Dowson have supported YMCA Scarborough for a number of years and in variety of ways which has included show sponsorship.
They value what the YMCA does for young people within the community and the support they give to a variety of community groups.
Lloyd Dowson strongly believes in community support and helping to make a difference in the communities of Scarborough and Bridlington.
Read more about Lloyd Dowson
Lloyd Dowson, Chartered Accountants, Tax and Business Advisors have offices in Bridlington and Scarborough.
They offer a variety of services which include Accountancy, Audit, Tax, Payroll and HR services. Lloyd Dowson specialise in advising owner-managed family businesses, large and small, in many sectors. They understand the challenges of running a business in the modern environment and will offer their input wherever possible, to help you grow your business, or help you resolve problems and maximise opportunities.
Our seating plans look a little different as perform social distancing in our Theatre. You must not attend the theatre in groups of more than six and must following social distancing at all times.
Seating is set out in blocks of three or six. When you book seats in this block the entire block is taken off sale so that you can sit down without people needing to get past you.
You can buy tickets online using our approved and trusted partner Ticketsource.
Visit our “What’s On?” page and click the link next to the show you wish to book for.
Tickets are booked from Ticketsource and their terms and conditions apply.
Booking charges apply, these are set by Ticketsource and are not retained by the Theatre.
Tickets can either be printed from home, sent to your mobile or posted to your address.
Tickets for productions at the YMCA Theatre can be purchased in person from our box office.
Our Box Office is situated at YMCA Scarborough, opposite the Opera House Casino.
You can pay using cash or card and we charge no box office or card fees.
You can telephone our box office on:
You will need to pay by card over the phone, but we don’t charge any card or box office fees.
Your tickets will be stored at the box office for collection on the day of the performance.
Our auditorium is tiered with steps to every row except row A, therefore wheelchair users should book tickets for row A or wheelchair spaces if available
How can I contact the Theatre Team?
You can contact us by email and you will be connected to the best person to answer your query.
Or you can telephone:
Booking Enquiries: 01723 506750
Other Enquiries: 01723 374227
Please leave a message on our answerphone
Additionally, you can also contact us through Facebook
Why have our box office hours changed?
Unfortunately due to coronavirus we have had to restructure our organization and to save cost the reception at YMCA Scarborough has closed. We are now running a dedicated box office on an evening instead. You can book tickets 24 hours a day here on our website
Can I pay by BACS or cheque?
We can arrange for payment by BACS or cheque, please email email@example.com
I haven't received or I've lost my E-Ticket, mobile ticket or post ticket
If you haven’t received your tickets that you have bought online through Ticketsource, please contact their support team by following this link.
If you still can’t retrieve your ticket please bring the booking reference and some photo ID with you to the theatre.
Do I need to print my E-Ticket?
You do not need to print your E-Ticket if you can show the full ticket, including the QR code to the steward
Can I reserve tickets without payment?
Sorry, all tickets need to be paid for at the time of booking.
Group bookings can be reserved without payment when coordinated through the Theatre Manager.
I've booked my ticket by phone, where is my ticket?
For Tickets booked over the telephone, your tickets will be available to collect on the day of the show from the Theatre Entrance. You will be required to confirm your postcode before tickets will be released.
I have lost my tickets booked through the Box Office
Please contact us on 01723 506750 or visit the box office during opening hours and they will be able to print off your ticket.
Alternatively attend the theatre with photo ID and your booking reference if you have it
Can I book tickets on the day of the performance?
Due to COVID restrictions temporarily we are not able to book tickets on the door
Ticket Sales, Terms and Conditions. Telephone & Phone Bookings
- Please examine your tickets & change before leaving the box office, mistakes will not be rectified afterwards.
- When booking over the phone, Our staff will confirm the date, time & ticket types before ending the call, mistakes will not be rectified afterwards.
- Tickets can not be exchanged, money refunded or mistakes rectified at a later date
- Payment can be made in cash or by card
- No refunds or exchanges will be offered by the theatre unless:
- A performance is cancelled
- A performance date or time is changed by more than 3 hours
- The events content is changed dramatically
- YMCA stewards reserve the right, if required, to move people out of allocated seating into seating of the same price class
Attending the YMCA Theatre, Terms and Conditions
- YMCA Management reserve the right to refuse entry to the YMCA Theatre, or ask ticket holders to leave, without refund to any person who:
- we believe to be a danger to other members of the audience or our staff
- cannot prove their age if attending an age restricted show
- is dressed inappropriately for a family environment
- A valid ticket is required to enter the Theatre and must produce that ticket to a member of staff when requested
- We reserve the right to conduct security searches as required.
- Photography, Video or Sound recording is prohibited at most events.
- A challenge 21 scheme is in operation for the purchase of alcohol.
- Glass bottles or glasses may not be taken into the auditorium. Plastic receptacles are provided by the bar.
- Drinks at the bar may only be purchased by ticket holders
- We reserve the right to suspend alcohol sales or refuse service for any reason
- No Smoking or using electronic cigarettes in any part of the building.
- All performances may contain smoke, strobe or pyrotechnics. Please contact a member of staff if affected by any of the above.
- YMCA Theatre is not responsible for the content performed in the theatre. Please ask a member of staff for the contact details of the producing companies.
- You may be recorded as members of the audience for the production and you give the theatre the right to use your image as such.